Social media is critical as part of a marketing strategy because it allows you to connect with your customers, boost sales, and create awareness around your brand. So why is having a social media strategy important? It’s more than just posting content or seeing how many likes you get on a post.
- It’s about researching your audience, finding out what times and days they most active. Compiling data which tells you which brands your users interact with the most or what pages they visit the most.
- Creating quality content that will allow you to interact with your audience. You want to create content that will not just get likes or comments but will also be shared and saved. This creates awareness on a product and ultimately your brand.
- Drive traffic to your website. The more brand engagement you create the more likely you are to drive traffic to your website and this is the possibility to upsell a customer or simply build a community around your business.
- Create goals and objectives around your social media strategy. Having SMART goals will keep you accountable and on track towards meeting those goals.
- Establish a budget. This is extremely important and is sometimes overlooked. Having a budget and sticking to it is vital to maintaining your strategy.